[pptp-server] IP 47

Neale Banks neale at lowendale.com.au
Mon Nov 8 01:51:19 CST 1999

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, BC wrote:

> does anyone know a tool similar to ping to find out whether
> transport of IP 47 (GRE) is supported? (i know - that hurt)
> is there a possibility to read this information out of poptop's
> messages in the logs?
>
> i don't believe the answers of my ISP concerning his firewall.

See John Hardin's "Linux VPN Masquerade" page at
<URL:http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/pptp-traceroute.patch.gz>

There we find:

------------------------------8<------------------------------
Profuse thanks to Gordon Chaffee for coding and sharing a patch to
traceroute that allows tracing GRE traffic. It should prove invaluable in
troubleshooting if your
GRE traffic is being blocked somewhere. Get the patch from:
[ FTP Mirror 1 | HTTP Mirror 1 ]

The tarball is allegedly at both of:

<URL:ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/pptp-traceroute.patch.gz>
<URL:http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/pptp-traceroute.patch.gz>

HTH,
Neale.