[pptp-server] Linux NAT support PPTP packet editor/filter?

geoff nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Wed Nov 17 19:45:29 CST 1999

If you want to do IPSEC with NAT you have to include the IPSEC
MASQ

ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html

There is a section in there where it talks about masq and IPSEC.

Geoff Nordli

> Desired:  Linux configuration on PCb with similar functionality.

linux masq + pptp masq module will do exactly this.

> I believe IPsec / L2TP cannot be filtered / edited to pass through
> NAT gateways like PPTP can.... correct me if I'm wrong.  I'd
> prefer to use the more open IPsec standard if it could be made
> to be as transparent as PPTP.

i believe ipsec encrypts everything (that is useful to NAT) but the dest
address, so masq wont do ipsec to my knowledge.

Kevin

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org