[pptp-server] NetLogon and VPN/DUN

Patrick Reid P.J.Reid at earthling.net
Fri Nov 26 10:53:32 CST 1999

I have pptp 1.0, pppd 2.3.8 with appropriate mods for encryption etc. and
SAMBA set-up on my Linux server.

All seems to work properly, including browsing of shared directories, with
only one problem: my logon script doesn't run. When I connect on my local
LAN, a script runs from the "netlogon" share, setting the time and mapping a
couple of shares. When I dial in to my ISP and set up a PPTP session,
however, this logon script doesn't run.

Is there any way to get that functionality back?

Also, is there any way to get Windows to dial a default DUN connection when
I start my VPN connection? It's kind of a pain to have to separately launch
each of these.

Patrick