[pptp-server] Still need help with PoPToP/SaMBa

Malay Shah mals at home.com
Tue Oct 12 06:54:45 CDT 1999

Hi, try setting up your samba machine as a WINS server.  This will allow
netbios hostname lookups to be performed from win95/98/nt clients.

have you tried to type the following in the run menu in windows?
\\ipaddressofsamba
replace ipaddressofsamba with the ip address of the samba machine.  Also you
have to make sure that your primary logon for windows is the Microsoft
Client and the username and password have to correspond to the samba
machine's user and pass.  If you have setup domain authentication on the
windows machines, then you shouldn't have to worry about matching the
username and password.

Malay Shah