[pptp-server] Very Newbie needs serious help

Steve Alexander alex at msl.net
Wed Oct 20 01:42:17 CDT 1999

I have LAN set up with an NT (PDC) server.  I am using a linux box (RH5.2) with an ISDN 24/7 internet connection and Poptop to connect to the internet and be a firewall.  I want a remote location using Win98 VPN to be able to connect in and access files on the NT server using the internet.  I can connect to the linux box ok using the internet and VPN but am unable to browse any shares on the NT server.  I can ping the NT server and any other machines on the LAN (using private IP's) but cannot resolve any names.  I know I am asking a lot here but could someone give me some guidance.

-all clients and nt server are on a private lan
-linux box has a valid permanent internet IP and private IP
-NT set up as a wins server
-poptop and win98 set up as directed.

Also is there any way going through the linux box I can still get remote users to authenticate through the NT server?  I realize that by using RAS on the NT I could do this but I preferred to keep it off the internet behind the firewall.

Many thanks in advance

Steve