[pptp-server] problems connecting at chapms or chapmsv2

Geoff Nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Thu Oct 21 16:25:49 CDT 1999

I am currently using linux2.2.12, ppp-2.3.8

My client is NT 4, with the latest RAS patch for
MS

I can connect using chap.

When I connect using chapms or chapms-v2 I am unable
to ping any machine on the private subnet.  I can't
even ping the internal interface of the PPTP server.

When I try to enable data encryption on the client
side it comes back with an error stating the machine
is not capable of encryption.

I attached the log files.  Hopefully you can find
something wrong.

thanks,

Geoff Nordli