[pptp-server] How to require encryted data?

Christopher Kuhl chrisk at ciris.net
Sun Oct 31 11:02:02 CST 1999

I have finally made poptop 1.0.0 work on my lrp distribution but I still
have a couple of small problems.

1:  How or can I required data encryption with all clients?  I have chapms,
chapms-v2 working great, also mppe-40, and mppe-128 work great.  My problem
is that if one the  end-users doesn't check "Require Data Encryption" on
their client, they can still log in fine and run unencrypted.  I read a
couple of posts about this in the mail archive, but I the responses dealt
with encrypted authentication, I already have that working fine.

2:  The other problem has me baffled.  I have an LRP box at one location
with a VMS machine behind it.  When I log into the LRP box with Windows NT
everything works perfectly, but if I use Windows 98(SE or not), I can log
into this machine and after a while my terminal session just locks up.  The
same thing happens with my remote LRP boxes running the linux pptp client.
I am using ppe-128, and ppe-stateless.  I am going to take out the
ppe-stateless options and see if that helps.  Also, when the terminal
sessions locks up, the link does not die, so I can restart the telnet
session with stopping and restarting the pptp clients.

3:  This one is a little off topic for poptop, but does anyone have any
ideas of how to have the pptp client reconnect automatically when the link
dies, I do not want to have to reboot the router or have any of the local
users have to log in in order to restart the link.

TIA,
Chris Kuhl