[pptp-server] (pptp-server) Windows Client's speed?

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Wed Sep 1 09:46:26 CDT 1999

Well, as of the latest version of pptp, we simply echo back the line speed that the client (win9x in this case) requests during the handshaking process. Does it actually run at 9600 baud? (1.2kb/sec) or is it faster? if it's faster than 1.2 k/sec then don't let it bother you, it's ignoring that speed anyways. Just FYI mine reports 10,000,000 bps on connections, which is wrong, since i know for a fact that the negotiated connection speed is 64,000 bps.

Kevin