[pptp-server] Re: Numerous IPX Questions (PoPToP mailing list)

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Wed Sep 1 19:00:19 CDT 1999

i can't help you with everything, but as far as the tty goes, it's ttyS1 for /dev/pty/1.. i don;t have my 2.2.x kernel with me, so i can't say for sure right now.. anyone care to verify or correct me? You could also do a [ps xww] to see what tty pppd is getting called with, i don't think it's /dev/pty/?

pppd has options to do ipx network numbers and such. [man pppd] =)

basically, once you get options files going, you have ipx going

Kevin

here's some cut/paste's
 ipx    Enable the IPXCP and IPX protocols.  This option is
              presently  only  supported under Linux, and only if
              your kernel has been configured to include IPX sup-
              port.

       ipx-network n
              Set  the  IPX network number in the IPXCP configure
              request frame to n, a hexadecimal number (without a
              leading  0x).   There is no valid default.  If this
              option is not  specified,  the  network  number  is
              obtained  from the peer.  If the peer does not have
              the network number, the IPX protocol  will  not  be
              started.

 ipx-node n:m
              Set  the IPX node numbers. The two node numbers are
              Set  the IPX node numbers. The two node numbers are
              The  first  number  n is the local node number. The
              second number m is the  peer's  node  number.  Each
              node  number  is  a  hexadecimal number, at most 10
              digits long. The node numbers  on  the  ipx-network
              digits long. The node numbers  on  the  ipx-network
              option is not specified then the node  numbers  are
              obtained from the peer.