[pptp-server] Dial-up conflict.

Matt Templeton cybear at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 20 14:00:19 CDT 1999

I have been at this for some time and posted before. I have new info.

I have a small lan at home that has pptpd running on a test Linux box
(192.168.1.1). I have a windows98 second addition PC connected to the
network (192.168.1.10). If I do not have a dial up connection the
connection to the linux test box works fine. If I do a dial-up
connection to the internet, I can not get a connection to the test box
and get a win98 error message "The microsoft dial up adapter is in use
or not responding properly. Disconnect other connections. If problem
persists, shutdown and restart." I get the same error message when I try
to connect to a pptpd server on the internet using dialup networking.

Has anyone seen this problem and have a fix???