[pptp-server] some little questions

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Tue Sep 21 14:24:49 CDT 1999

> i have some errors in this log
>
> 1 - "Sep 21 13:09:19 proxy pptpd[2852]: CTRL: Ignored a SET LINK INFO
> packet with real ACCMs!"
>
>    what is it ?

we ignore character escape codes since all info is sent digitally, and no
escapes are needed. we jsut ignore them.

> 2 - "Sep 21 13:09:20 proxy pppd[2853]: Cannot determine ethernet address
> for proxy ARP"
>
>    why?

if your local and remote ip addresses are on different subnets than your
ethernet card, and ou try and use proxy arp, this error occurs. there's no
point in using arp for your ppp? interfaces if they are on a different
subnet.

> 3- "Sep 21 13:09:50 proxy pppd[2853]: CCP: timeout sending
> Config-Requests"

ccp is the compression handshaking part of ppp.. it means that compression
couldnt be established, or that it sent a request and got no answer. no
big deal

> 4 - i want to know if there are a way to control the simutaneous
> connection
> for the same username ?

not sure what you mean here.. be more specific

Kevin