[pptp-server] ChapMS / ChapMS-v2

Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service) missions at ocic.org
Mon Sep 27 06:11:25 CDT 1999

Hi,

I was trying to do an PPTP connection between the PoPToP server (1.0.0) and
the PPTP-Linux client (1.0.2) using on both sides the pppd 2.3.8 package
with the required patch. The fact is that with the "simple" Chap
handshaking it works well, but with ChapMS and/or ChapMS-v2 it doesn't
work: no PPP device are installed, but PoPToP log says that's all ok.

May be I'm wrong with chap-secrets file... But I don't know why. There is
something I need to know to setup a PPTP connection using ChapMS/ChapMS-v2
authentication?

Is ChapMS/ChapMS-v2 required to set up a PPTP connection with MPPE encryption?

Another question: I'm about to set up a VPN that has a server permanently
connected to the internet with a fixed IP address; however the clients
establish the connection with a dynamic IP. In order to refresh the routing
table properly I need to put something in the ip-up script, that is lanched
after the connection is established. On the client side, the task is
simple: just add a routing entry that make packets - which destination is
the server - be routed through the remote interface established by PPTP
connection. On the server side instead, I need to know who is the client
that is connected via the PPTP interface to add routing rules. How can I do?

Thanks.

---
Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service Technical Support)
e-mail: missions at ocic.org
web site: http://www.ocic.org/missions/index1.html