[pptp-server] Still unable to get pptp to work

Robert Lankshear rlankshear at comset.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 06:28:36 CDT 1999

Greetings.. I think you may have encountered the same problem as I had.

Everything looks right but things never work. The key is in your forward
rules which is set to DENY.

# Activate Masquerading
${NET}/ipchains -A forward -i ${EXTIF}  -s ${LOCALNET} -j MASQ
${NET}/ipchains -A forward -i ! ${EXTIF} -s ${LOCALNET} -j ACCEPT

This is probably a bit wide open BUT only for the internal interfaces -
which are the ones on our networks :)

The problem is that the packets have to travel across the FORWARD part of
ipchains, which we only accept from the external interface otherwise we
deny them.
So what this extra line does is say that For ALL non-external interfaces
Accept and Forward.

Hope this helps.

TTFN

Robert.