[pptp-server] Routing

Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service) missions at ocic.org
Wed Sep 29 11:00:12 CDT 1999

Hello all,

I have installed a PPTP server on a Linux machine and a PPTP client on
another Linux machine.

I want to make something like that:

Ethernet (192.168.0.0) -- PPTP Server (192.168.0.1) --> Internet <-- PPTP
Client

The PPTP Client must have the "virtual" IP address 192.168.0.200. When the
PPTP connection is established, client and server assume dynamic IP
addresses depending on pptpd.conf specifications in /etc directory.

If I want to make data for 192.168.0.200 to pass through the internet
tunneling gateway I must put routing informations manually.

The PPTP client doesn't have a fixed IP address, and it is temporary
connected to the internet, while the PPTP server is connected permanently
to the internet with a fixed IP address.

How can I do in order to allow routing entries to be added automatically on
client connection?

Thanks.

---
Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service Technical Support)
e-mail: missions at ocic.org
web site: http://www.ocic.org/missions/index1.html