[pptp-server] pptp 1.0 and Win98

Robert Dale rdale at digital-mission.com
Thu Sep 30 12:45:45 CDT 1999

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Brian Lalor wrote:

> Hey all.  I'm trying to get this thing working.  I've followed the howto
> step by step and gotten the encryption working (I believe), but I'm still
> having problems.  I've attached a syslog file from one attempt and I'll
> try to document what's happening below:

What we had do...

o First, we did the HOWTO install. Including the latest DUN.
  But then we got the same error messages as you.  A little
  reading on the mailing list archives proved useful.

o So, we follwed the advice of a guy in a similar situation.
  We uninstalled VPN, the re-installed it per his instructions.
  Briefly, install through add/remove programs, not networking.
  Re-installed the DUN and settings.

o Presto!  It worked with 40-bit encryption.  Whee..

--
Robert Dale

                   Digital Mission
            http://www.digital-mission.com