[pptp-server] pptp 1.0 and Win98

Robert Dale rdale at digital-mission.com
Thu Sep 30 13:26:55 CDT 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Brian Lalor wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Robert Dale wrote:
>
> > o So, we follwed the advice of a guy in a similar situation.
> >   We uninstalled VPN, the re-installed it per his instructions.
> >   Briefly, install through add/remove programs, not networking.
> >   Re-installed the DUN and settings.
>
> Grabbed the dun40.exe patch, but that doesn't appear in the
> install/uninstall list.  Anyway, I'm more-or-less up and running.  It
> connects, but I've gotta figure out the routing...

You misunderstand.  You uninstall/re-install the _VPN_ via add/remove progs.
The DUN patch is just executed as you normally would.  There seems to be
something different happening with the VPN install when going through
add/remove programs.  Or maybe it's just the act of remove/re-installing it.
Either way, it's ridiculous!  *kicks MS*  Glad I don't have to live with it ;)

--
Robert Dale

                   Digital Mission
            http://www.digital-mission.com