[pptp-server] Routing

Nhan NGO DINH nngodinh at tiscalinet.it
Thu Sep 30 18:20:26 CDT 1999

>read the ppp howto. There is a file in /etc/ppp called ip-up that is run
>whenever a ppp connection comes up (pptp uses a ppp connection) you can
>put commands in there to add routing tables etc. If you could be more
>specific about what you want to do taht isnt working, i can probably help
On the client side I can easly write a ip-up routing configuration script,
and I already know how to do it. The problem is how can I write the script
on the server side: in order to know for which IP address I must set up the
routing, I must know the name of the client, how can I do that?

I give an example: if the server has the "virtual" IP address 192.168.0.1,
and the client has the "virtual" IP address 192.168.0.200, on the client
side It's simple: in the ip-up script I must set up:

route add -host 192.168.0.1 gw $REMOTE_ADDR

Where $REMOTE_ADDR is the PPTP interface IP address of the server that
Linux give to me as a parameter.

In the server how can I set up this?

route add -host $CLIENT_VIRTUAL_IP gw $REMOTE_ADDR

How can I know the $CLIENT_VIRTUAL_IP?

Thanks.

---
Nhan NGO DINH