[pptp-server] Routing

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Thu Sep 30 18:47:30 CDT 1999

ppp passes 6 variables to ip-up. you can read about them in the ppp
howto in section 23. it explains that. i think $5 is the virtual IP addr.

route add -host 192.168.0.1 gw $REMOTE_ADDR

tells it to send all traffic intended for 192.168.0.1 through the new pptp
client. If that is what you want, fine. if you want all traffic for the
pptp client to be routed through 192.168.0.1, that is done automatically.

for all the rest of you: READ THE PPP HOWTO! there are lots of tricks you
can do with the ip-up script. It is very powerful. learn it. use it. :)

Kevin