[pptp-server] compiling ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc-mppe.patch

Lillian Kulhanek Lillian.Kulhanek at energy.on.ca
Fri Aug 4 13:07:41 CDT 2000

Hi all,
I'm having a problem I'm assuming is associated with
ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc-mppe.patch .  I am following the RedHat PoPToP
howto, except I'm using kernel 2.2.16, ppp-2.3.11, SSLeay-0.9.0b (I figured
on getting the most recent versions).  I get up to Chapter 4, section 4 of
the howto, and when I run make modules SUBDIRS=drivers/net, I get errors
about variables not being declared.  One of the employees at my ISP is also
trying this, apparently following the howto to the letter, and he's having
compilation errors.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

I found another install document on moretonbay, much shorter than the howto,
which doesn't include some of the make steps.  Is one document more right
that the other?

All comment are appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Lillian Kulhanek

(Please note, I'm out of town for the next three weeks starting Monday, so
after today, I won't be able to reply to anyone until I'm back).