[pptp-server] compiling ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc-mppe.patch

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Fri Aug 4 15:29:59 CDT 2000

I followed you HOW-TO, and I found an error that you may want to correct

In the section of the document where you say to download SSLeay-0.6.6b you should say to
download SSLea-0.9.0b since that is what your later instructions tell you to use (and
0.6.6b doesn't contain a couple of files you say we need to copy to the kernel
directory).

Also, you do not need to add the NULL parameter in ppp.c for kill_fasync.  If you do, it
won't compile (too many parameters), it works fine without this added.

That was it.  Thanks for the updated HOW-TO.  I never had been able to get ppp-2-3.10
working with pptp and MSCHAP before this.

If you get time, you should add a section on setting up and running the pptp linux
client.  I'm sure there are those that would greatly appreciate it.

tfasko at cyberacc.com wrote:

--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil