[pptp-server] PPTP linux client with PoPToP

Gareth Marlow Gareth_Marlow at scientia.com
Mon Aug 7 06:00:11 CDT 2000

Greetings,

I've been running PoPToP successfully in a production environment since
January. We have Win95, 98, NT and 2000 clients. However, I'm trying to
get a linux client up and running.

I have recompiled ppp on the client with the mschap/mppe patches but I
don't know:

* what is the format for /etc/ppp/chap-secrets on the client
* what should be in /etc/ppp/options on the client
* what is the command-line incantation for pptp on the client
* what route to add after the pptp connection is made on the client
* whether I need to add anything extra to /etc/ppp/chap-secrets on the
server

Cheers,
Gareth