[pptp-server] ipchains killed my networking?!?!

Elliott Stern estern at opennetwork.com
Tue Aug 8 12:23:34 CDT 2000

Maybe someone here can give me a hand with this.  After setting up and
testing PoPToP on a new computer, I decided to make a ipchains firewall
to protect the box.  Well, now my system has no networking
capabilities.  I have reset my computer and run 'ipchains -L' to verify
that all rules are clear and that the default policy for all chains is
ACCEPT, but I still can't get my networking to work (including the
loopback interface).  When I bring up the loopback interface, I get a
message: "SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable".  I have even tried
shutting down and unplugging the power for 15-20 seconds to clear the
cache, but that isn't helping.  Anyone have any ideas?

-Elliott

--
Elliott Stern
estern at opennetwork.com