[pptp-server] ipchains killed my networking?!?!

Michael Walter walterm at Gliatech.com
Tue Aug 8 13:22:18 CDT 2000

Rebooting the computer should reset any ipchains rules and default policies,
so if ipchains is the root of your problem, and you reboot and still have
the problem, then something is running ipchains when you reboot.  Further,
whatever is running ipchains is doing so prior to the network section of the
boot.  If you boot into text mode Check in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and make sure
none of the scripts with an S## number earlier than the S##network script
run ipchains rules.  Do the same if you boot into graphical mode but look at
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d instead.  If you don't see anything there, are you using the
ipchains that was included or did you download an rpm.  If the latter is the
case try rpm -e ipchains (THIS WILL UN-INSTALL IPCHAINS) and see if the
problem persists, you may have gotten a version incompatible with your
kernel.

Thanks,

Michael J. Walter
mcse mcp+i rhce a+