[pptp-server] Error 619

Chris cliles at gw.total-web.net
Wed Aug 9 15:48:59 CDT 2000

I'm trying to connect to my pptp server only to get a 619 error. My setup includes a firewall with 1 regestered ip and 1 private ip.  I'm trying to connect to the pptp server through a masq. The firewall (the one running the pptp server), is also the masqer. I have installed all the masq patches, and in /var/messages I am told that the pptp server and client authenticate but the client then drops the connection. I am convinced that it is a firewall problem. The firewall rules I have to allow connections to the pptp server are as follows:
ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 209.XXX.XXX.XXX 1723 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A inout -p 47 -d 209.XXX.XXX.XXX -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -p tcp -s 209.XXX.XXX.XXX 1723 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -p 47 -j ACCEPT
The following rules are for masqing:
ipchains -A forward -p tcp -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ
ipchains -A forward -p 47 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ
and the following rules I have no clue what they do, but I got them off a couple of howtos:
ipchains -A forward -p tcp -d 209.XXX.XXX.XXX 1723 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A forward -p tcp -s 209.XXX.XXX.XXX 1723 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A forward -p 47 -d 209.XXX.XXX.XXXX -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A forward -p 47 -s 209.XXX.XXX.XXX -j ACCEPT

I read all the masq woes posts in the archive, but I just can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.
Thanks,

Chris Liles