[pptp-server] pptp vpn and masquerading

Gord Belsey gord at amador.ca
Thu Aug 10 15:01:17 CDT 2000

If I understand correctly your problem, try adding a rule to forward the
pptp clients without MASQ, and the other traffic through MASQ.

Since you're able to get pptp sessions running without MASQ, something like
this should do the trick:

ipchains -A forward -s <addr/mask of a pptp client subnet> -d <addr/mask of
pptp server> -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A forward -s <addr/mask of the pptp server> -d <addr/mask of pptp
client subnet> -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A forward  -s 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 -d 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 -j MASQ

This assumes that you don't want any pptp traffic MASQd and you want all
other traffic MASQd.  You can tweak it to better meet your needs, but it
should (at least in my head.....) work.

Hope this helps

Gord
.