[pptp-server] pptp-linux client 1.03 Problem

Peter Alliett palliett at accurcast.com
Fri Aug 11 07:32:25 CDT 2000

I am trying to connect to my Linux poptop server from a linux workstation
(Mandrake 7.1 with pptp-linux 1.03)but I can't seem to figure out the
command line options.

On my poptop server I have a chap-secrets file that has the following in it.

user1 server1 password *

I have the same thing on my linux workstation.

I then dialup to my ISP and issue the following at the console

pptp server1 debug name user1 user1 server1

It returns back to the console with no errors but I can't ping anything.
Thus assuming something is not right somewhere.

I can get it to work in Windows, but I would like to get it working in Linux
as well.

Thanks,

Peter