[pptp-server] I need a detail HOWTO for POPTOP with encryption on FreeBSD3.4

Xinshan Qian xsqian at gallantry.com
Fri Aug 18 18:31:41 CDT 2000

Hi,  Everyone,

Do you run POPTOP with encryption on FreeBSD3.4 successfully?
If you do, could you please help me to give me a detail HOWTO?

I am trying to add the encryption on POPTOP on FreeBSD3.4
following the steps of "FreeBSD3.4 and encryption"  in
(http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/download_pptp.html)
Web site. But the instruction is too simple to me. I ran into many
problems.

1. Patch the configure.freebsd-3.4.patch failed and get a
    "configure.rej"  file and same problem for  Makefile.bsd.patch.

2. Maybe due to the patch failed, when I do "configure" command,
    I got the message:

    " Support for this system has not been included in this
distribution. Sorry."

3. When I followed the README and README.bsd in ppp-2.3.11
    to do "make", I get many errors when compiling the if_ppp.c file.

If someone setup poptop with encryption on FreeBSD successfully, please
tell
me how you do it.

Thank you very much!

Xinshan