[pptp-server] mppe compression error

Fabrice MARIE fabrice at celestix.com
Sun Aug 20 23:48:11 CDT 2000

Hi,

Please forgive me if this was posted already, but I couldn't find such
problem on the archive. BTW, thanks again for the developers out there!!!

Ok, I've patched my pppd with ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc4-mppe.patch and mppe_stateless.diff
to support mschap-v2 & mppe. I recompiled the kernel etc...etc..etc.
Then I try to connect a Windows 2000 to a pptp 1.0.0 server with a cross-cable,
everything works fine (mschap v2+mppe 128 stateless).
When I try *exactly* the same, but over the intranet (of course I changed the IP addresses)
then the connection begins properly, I begin the download of a HUGE file through
ftp to test, and then the download is stuck in the middle. The server console looks like that:
The same happens with a Win98 instead of win2000.

decomp err=-1
not compressed, rc_state bla bla. (and then this line appears for every packet received by pptpd).

What's wrong with my mppe ? Did I do a mistake in the patch ?
(I followed very closely the HOWTO without any problem though)
Is pptpd discarding a packet without telling me ?

Can anyone please enlighten me ?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!
Fabrice.