[pptp-server] How do I Uninstall PoPToP?

Kenny Austin kennya at carlislefsp.com
Tue Aug 29 16:59:29 CDT 2000

Ipchains will need to be setup to allow forwarding between the 192.168.0.x
and 192.168.1.x (intranet) to the (vpn) 192.168.2.x, unless the default
policy for it is already to forward (if this is the case why use a vpn???)
/sbin/ipchains -b -A forward -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 192.168.2.0/24 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -b -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.2.0/24 -j ACCEPT
this isn't the strongest firewall policy, but it is the quickest,
checkout the ipchains howto for something a LOT better.
this is also assuming that you don't have any input or output rule or
any other rule already in the forward policy that would block us from
forwarding these networks to each other...
or anything setup wrong in the /etc/ppp/options or /etc/pptpd.conf
of course your linux box is set as the router for all of these networks,
or at least as the router for the connected networks...
let me know how this goes.
oh, and i noticed from another post that you are using the 2.2.14 kernel,
as a general rule use the latest stable (2.2.16), i think redhat
has the updates for this and the link below helped me a lot in getting
the encryption going nicely.
http://lists.schulte.org/pipermail/pptp-server/2000-August/002981.html

kenny austin,
kennya at carlislefsp.com