[pptp-server] VPN under Windows NT network (Sygate)

J R jmr504 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:31:54 CDT 2000

Hello!

At my office, we have an NT domain.  Internet comes through ADSL through one
machine (gateway, 192.168.0.7).  I am using Sygate for this.

I setup a Linux box (RH 6.2) w/ PoPToP to cheaply and quickly accomplish a
VPN.  The VPN works great internally (using 192.168.0.x addressing only).
However, the same machine that will connect to the linux box locally cannot
if the connect is going to the Internet address (DSL).

In sygate's apprule.cfg, I have opened port 1723.  Must I open any others?
Ie. 47?  (If so, any ideas on HOW.  From what I can make of the apprule.cfg
it only applies to TCP ports).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Jonathan