[pptp-server] PPTP server for internet IPXSPX gaming ?

Sven Williger jabba1974 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 1 05:27:18 CST 2000

Hi !

I'm asking for help because i'm not very firm with PPTP, VPN and IPX on a
linux box.

Is there any way to do such scenario?:

My friends and me want to play some Windows-Games which have IPX/SPX support
only
over the internet (like Starcraft). Now my idea was some sort of VPN with my
linuxbox as
PPTP server where my friends could login to over the internet and establish
an ipx/spx
connection to my internal network (with 2 other Windows Clients).

How can i do this? i read the PPTP documentation and the FAQ, but it's only
orientated
for office use.

Maybe someone is running such solution already? i'm connected to the
internet with DSL with
768/128kBit/s so there be enough speed for atleast 2 other ISDN Users. BUT
THEY DONT HAVE LINUX ! Just pure Windows.

I would be really gld if someone could help me with this...

Thanks.... Sven