[pptp-server] Poor Throughput/Performance

Kurt Robinson kcr at asicint.com
Sat Dec 2 17:55:46 CST 2000

I am in a bit of a loss here on my attempts at using poptop along with
98 and a cable modem.  I've got pptpd1.0.0 running along with ppp2.3.11
and I can connect and authenticate exactly as I should.  But the performance
hit I am getting, when moving files via ftp is incredibly slow./of

I am gettting files transfers at 1kb/s or less, compared with 14kb/s without
pptpd.  I've got speed set at 115200 via pptpd.conf, though I've tried other
settings.  Its a local ip with proxyarp on, and network routes
are correct.

Any ideas?

Kurt Robinson
kcr at asicint.com