[pptp-server] "proxyarp" or " route"

George Vieira georgev at citadelcomputer.com.au
Wed Dec 6 03:00:13 CST 2000

proxyarp should be running on the server side (PPTPD).
Can the (x.x.x.1) client ping x.x.x.2 OK as well as x.x.x.3 . Or does it
ping only the .2 server?

Your logs should also mention about proxyarp attaching to the ETH0/1/2
device. eg.
<var_log_messages>
"Dec  4 06:43:27 linuxdev pppd[24131]: found interface eth0 for proxy arp"
</var_log_messages>

This means that proxy arp is using the local ETH0 device to listen for
requests to x.x.x.1

Can you sent us some logs on the server side.