[pptp-server] Compiling Kernel with PPP

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Wed Dec 6 14:56:44 CST 2000

Do your evil errors resemble these?

7.4 Errors while building pppd, pptpd, and kernel modules

7.4.1.	Get PPP_VERSION or PPP_MAGIC undefined error message while compiling
ppp kernel modules

	Solution: add the following lines to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/if_ppp.h
		#define PPP_VERSION "2.3.11"
		#define PPP_MAGIC   0x5002  /* Magic value for the ppp structure */

7.4.2.	Get "structure has no member named `tty_pushing'" error messages
while compiling ppp kernel modules

	This is probably because the mppe patches you used were for an older
version
	of the kernel, and the ppp structure in the header file if_pppvar.h changed
	in the version of the kernel you have.

	Solution: apply the patch
http://www.vibrationresearch.com/pptpd/if_ppp_2.2.17.diff
		to the kernel sources.