[pptp-server] Mandrake 7.2 question (is everything there?)

Jose M. Sanchez opjose at EX-PRESSNET.COM
Fri Dec 8 02:25:41 CST 2000

Hi all;

A question.

I recently reformatted and upgraded my firewall system from Mandrake 7.02 to
7.2.

Prior to this upgrade, I had installed pptp and all the ppp patches. Without
installing any additional firewall rules my Masq'd clients could connect to
remote NT VPN servers over the internet without a problem.

Now under 7.2 I notice that PPTP & the GRE modules already exist. Indeed
attempts to patch the kernel sources cause compilation failures. Following
the directions to look at the symbol tabl of the installed kernel indicates
that all of the components are already there.

So, do I have to apply any patches to the 2.2.17-18mdk kernel supplied with
Mandrake?

If not what is different now? I.E. What do I have to do to enable Masq'd
clients to connect to VPN NT hosts?

Thanks!

-JMS