[pptp-server] PoPToP problems.

ellis of geeknews.com ellis at efront.com
Fri Dec 8 16:24:00 CST 2000

A friend and I are setting up a VPN. We started off with a fresh install of
Mandrake 7.2 then installed PoPToP, PPPD, DHCPD and Samba. Well, I'm at home
and the server is at his house. The server has 2 NICs, one for the internet
connection and the other to the inter 198.168.1.x network. I can connect to
the VPN and can ping the internal machine and the other connected client
just fine. I can also use the servers gateway to browse the internet if I
want. So that's all fine. The problems come up when I try to browse the
network. We can't see each other in there, just our selves. We can do a Net
View \\ip to see what each computer is sharing. For the second problem deals
with gaming. If we run a q3a server for a local network (not internet) play,
we can't see the server when we do a search for local network game.

I've been looking what could be the problem with the games. When a client
game is looking for a networked game, it sends out a broadcast. I'm figuring
ether the PPPTD or the PPPD is not relaying the broadcasts.

Has anyone seen this before or knows how to make it where it relays the
broadcast?

http://www.geeknews.com - News for geeks, by geeks.