[pptp-server] PPTPD.LOG flooding the disk

poptop at omnitracs.com.mx poptop at omnitracs.com.mx
Mon Dec 18 11:44:29 CST 2000

Hi,

 Im getting an error message that floods my pptpd logs
 in my poptop servers.

 It seems that the client is able to stablish a pptp session
 but, then after a time out, the pptpd closes the connection,
 but the pptpd process that was handling that link
 remains alive, producing an error message that eventually
 will fill up the hard disk.

 In these cases I have to manually kill the pptpd process
and the syslog.

pptpd[17835] CTRL: Client X.X.X.X control connection started
pptpd[17835] CTRL: Starting Call (launching pppd,Opening GRE)
 pppd[17836] pppd 2.3.8 started by root, uid 0
 pppd[17836] Using interface ppp0

 .... Connection goes on, some data transfer, yadaa, yadda,

pptpd[17835] CTRL: Session timed out, ending call
pptpd[17835] CTRL: Client X.X.X.X control connection finished

 .... pppd then runs ip-down, yadda, yadda, yadda.

 pppd[17836] Exit.

 /* Then these 3 lines keeps on repeating and repeating and repeating
   and they wont stop, they just wont stoppp!!!*/

pptpd[17385] CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet lenght
pptpd[17385] CTRL: could't read packet header( exit )
pptpd[17385] CTRL: Unexpected control message 0 in disconnect sequence
pptpd[17385] CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet lenght
pptpd[17385] CTRL: could't read packet header( exit )
pptpd[17385] CTRL: Unexpected control message 0 in disconnect sequence
pptpd[17385] CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet lenght
pptpd[17385] CTRL: could't read packet header( exit )
pptpd[17385] CTRL: Unexpected control message 0 in disconnect sequence
pptpd[17385] CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet lenght
pptpd[17385] CTRL: could't read packet header( exit )
pptpd[17385] CTRL: Unexpected control message 0 in disconnect sequence

 Any clue?  My poptop server works fine with other clients.
 Im using the current stable version, on a Redhat 6.0.

TIA