[pptp-server] Logging actual remote ip addr

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Mon Dec 18 12:37:32 CST 2000

I'm using pptpd 1.1.2 on linux redhat 61, ppp 2.3.11, kernel 2.2.16.

1) pptpd issue
Is there a way to get the actual ip address of the remote end from pptpd
in order to send an email with it to someone?

Right now, I use pppd ip-up as the email trigger, and look for
REM_IP=`/bin/egrep "CTRL: Client .* control connection started"
/var/log/local2|/usr/bin/tail -1|/usr/bin/awk '{print $8}'`

I'd like a more deterministic way to do it.

2) pppd issue
Is there a way to get the chap login name used by the remote end (to
send an email...)

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com