[pptp-server] Logging actual remote ip addr

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Mon Dec 18 14:00:29 CST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:48:29 +1100, you wrote:

>Yes you can, everybody has to remember that pptp is really a PPP link. So
>use the /etc/ppp/ip-up.local and /etc/ppp/ip-down.local to control your
>links that come up and down.
>
>Even pass the ipparam paramter into the pppd options so you can detect what
>type of connection it is in your scripts... Like mine. Just add a line
>somewhere and pass $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 to get all information possible.

I'd already tried that, but those variables contain the ip address of
the vpn, not the actual address of the remote client.
If the remote client internet address is 212.x.x.x, and the vpn address
assigned by pptpd to that client is 192.168.1.10, then $5 says
192.168.1.10, while I want 212.x.x.x.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com