[pptp-server] HELP!!!!

Todd R. Mesick tmesick at uticacorp.com
Fri Dec 22 13:21:12 CST 2000

OK,

I am very new to VPN. but here is what I want to do. I have a LAN with a
linux gateway. The gateway has two ethernet cards. One is the lan side and
one is the DMZ side. Neither have a "real" IP address. Only the router has
the IP address. Anyway, I would like to setup a win 95/98/2000 system at a
home location to connect to my windows domain at work. How do I connect to
the gateway with pptp and then log onto the domain? Is this even possible?
When I try it off the lan I can make a pptp connection to the gateway, but I
am unable to connect to anything on the network. When I try through the
internet I get error 619: the specified port is not connected. I also am
trying to get encryption, but I have newer versions of the pppd and kernel
then is specifed in the how-to on the mortonbay site.Is there current
directions for red hat 7.0 and the newer pppd? Any help would be great.
Thank you in advance.

please respond to tmesick at uticacorp.com

Todd Mesick