[pptp-server] Can't get PoPToP to work when tunnel is via ISP and modem link

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Tue Feb 1 12:46:00 CST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, John Matthews wrote:

>   I've got PoPToP working when the tunnel is across a LAN but I can't seem
> to get it working when the tunnel goes via my ISP and a modem link. Has
> anyone got PoPToP working like this ? Otherwise do I take it from the
> following entry in the TODO list that I'm going to have to wait for a future
> version.

John,

I've got it working great over WANs of various sorts (DSL connections,
dial-ups, etc). What is your configuration scenario? Have you checked
firewall logs to make sure nothing is getting denied? Also, you may need
to check with your ISP(s) and make sure they aren't doing firewalling
for you and blocking GRE.. (most don't, but you never know..)

--
Nate Carlson <carlson at real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700