[pptp-server] Tunneling to reach public IP address?

Sergio Dominguez sergio at omnitracs.com.mx
Wed Feb 2 14:35:00 CST 2000

Hello people:

  Given the following escenario,

BIGSERVER has a 10.0.0.0 address and a valid public internet IP address
VPN PoPTop has a 172.23.1.0 address and a valid public internet  IP
address.
The firewall restricts any access to BIGSERVER directly.

Is it posible to configure PoPToP so it can redirect access from
workstations in the Internet, to BIGSERVER.company.com?
If so can you suggest a possible pptpd.conf file? And make some routing
suggestions?

( My main question here is, if the workstation wants to make a
connection to bigserver.company.com
it will get the IP address from an Internet DNS server, wich will result

in a public IP address, so the connection attempt will be tried to be
made
directly, instead of using the VPN device, and the
firewall will stop the connection, am I right?, if so, how can I avoid
this issue?)