[pptp-server] Help with configuration!

Matthew Ramsay matthewr at moreton.com.au
Thu Feb 10 00:31:10 CST 2000

Heh Heh Heh!

wanna start from the beginning with me? and i mean from the beginning.. we're
wiping (rm -Rf *) everything.. recompiling ppp and kernels and pptpd.. fly
kicking config files. the lot. nothing survives..

when u'r ready for this (physically and emotionally) start by downloading the
following:

pptpd-1.0.0.tgz
ppp-2.3.8.tar.gz
linux-2.2.x.tar.gz (your choice)

then i'll hold your hand through the process of getting this going.
in theory we shouldn't have a problem :-)

au revoir,
-matt

On Wed, 09 Feb 2000, you wrote:
>>Duh.  I forgot to attatch the files..  Here is the pptpd.log and
>pptpd.conf...
>
>Please heelp!!!
>
>On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Chris Williams wrote:
>
>> We have gotten to the point with a linux poptop configuration where we
>> should be able to connect using a Windows box without encryption.  Problem
>> is that I'm not sure what's going on with the pptpd.conf file.  Our
>> network is set up like this:
>>
>> Linux box: 131.204.27.30
>> Other valid IP's not in use on the LAN: 131.204.27.31
>>
>> Windows machine will dial into ISP then start the VPN connection.
>> Connection appears to be ok but tcp/ip traffic doesn't appear to go
>> through the tunnel to the vpn but goes straight to the internet from the
>> windows machine.  I have included the pptpd.conf file and the pptpd.log
>> file.  I'm gonna go bald soon if someone doesn't help me figure this one
>> out.
>>
>> As for the client, we've installed the DUN40 update and I think it's clean
>> on the client end and that the server isn't working right...
>> The check boxes on the client are:
>> netbeui is off
>> ipx/spx is off
>> ip header compression is off