[pptp-server] NT domain logon using MSCHAP-v2?

Rainer Schoepf schoepf at uni-mainz.de
Tue Feb 15 03:45:11 CST 2000

Hi,

I have a Linux PPTP server up and running, using MSCHAP-v2 for
authentication. The only problem: The passwords are stored in the
chap-secrets file. Since all VPN users are NT domain users anyway, I'd
prefer to do authentication against a domain controller.

Has anyone ever done that? I'm sure that it must be possible somehow.

Alternatively, I could live with authentication against a Kerberos4
oder Kerberos5 server, but that won't work without a cleartext
password, I'm afraid.

Thanks
 Rainer Schöpf

--
   Rainer Schöpf
   Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung           A point of view can be a dangerous