[pptp-server] Some directions...

Stian B. Barmen stian.barmen at it-vikar.no
Thu Feb 17 01:42:00 CST 2000

Hi!

I followed a talk here on the list last week, but I didn't guite get the
answers I needed. My problem is the same as many others, I got two networks
internally which I want to access via internet dial-up trough a firewall
running VPN. My first problem is that my client gets a subnetmask of
255.0.0.0 when it should have 255.255.0.0 rather. I could probably make
another subnet, and tell my router to route via the VPN server. Tips here?

But then it is the trouble that my client will now access the Internet via
the VPN connection set up towards the internal network. This is not a BIG
problem, but there should be an easy way to update the client PPTP software,
or run a type of script from the server or something! My config requires me
to make 3 static routes on the client and make the first dial-up connection
(the on to the internet b4 he/she connects to the vpn server) the default
gateway (or internet gateway!).

Consider me stupid, so if you have solved this little stupid thing, I would
be happy for advice!

Best regards
Stian B. Barmen
Seniorkonsulent MCSE / CCNA