[pptp-server] New Route when PPTP connection comes up?

Eric H. Raskin eraskin at paslists.com
Mon Feb 21 13:44:40 CST 2000

Hello all:

This may be slightly off-topic, but...

I'm using pptpd-1.0.0/ppp-2.3.10 on Linux 2.2.14 to connect up a bunch of
Windows clients (NT, 98 and 95).  The remote net is 192.168.1.0 and the local
net is 192.168.0.0.  When the Window client connects via the Internet, I want
them to use their ISP for a default gateway, so the option is turned off in
their PPTP Dial-Up Networking config.  So far, so good.

The problem is when the PPTP connection comes up, nothing creates a route from
the 192.168.1.0 net to the 192.168.0.0 net.  So, they get a PPTP connection, but
can't get past my PPTP server into my local net without typing a "route add"
command.  Once the route is added, everything works fine.

Is there an automatic way to add the route when the link comes up?  I'll never
get the users to remember to run a batch file, or (yuck!) type the route command
themselves!

   Eri

Eric H. Raskin                                 eraskin at paslists.com
Professional Advertising Systems Inc.          Voice: 914-741-1100
70 Memorial Plaza                              Fax:   914-741-2788
Pleasantville, NY 10570