[pptp-server] Fw: Clarification of options, pptpd.conf & chap-secrets Files

NTU ntu at internetappliance.com
Tue Feb 22 23:45:25 CST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: NTU
To: pptp-server-request at lists.schulte.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 12:37 PM
Subject: Clarification of options, pptpd.conf & chap-secrets Files

I have some questions on the following 3 files:

#/etc/ppp/options
    debug              #what is the effect of putting this in
    name servername          #why when my "servername" is different from name of my server it still works
    auth
    require-chap
    proxyarp            #what does this means

#/etc/pptpd.conf

    speed 115200          # Is this the maxumun speed of modem ? Cos my 56K modem can also dial-in
    localip                     # what local IP does these means cos when I change it to a different IP(beside my WAN and LAN) it still                                         #    works

#/etc/ppp/chap-secrets

    billy    servername bob *          # which servername is this refering to