[pptp-server] 40 yes, 180 no; and can't ping server

Joel F. Rising rising at disappearing.com
Wed Feb 23 14:19:22 CST 2000

Folks,

First,  I am able to use Win98SE and data encryption ( 40-bit ).  However,
if I install Microsoft's 128-bit update, and try to require data
encryption from the client, it sais the server doesn't support that
encryption.  I can't see anything relevant in the logs.  I am set up per
the RedHat FAQ.

Second, I have a machine with one ethernet interface enabled.  PPTP is set
up to listen on let's say 192.0.0.1, has as a local IP 192.0.0.5 and has
remote IP's 192.0.0.6-10.  All works fine, I can connect, ping around my
LAN, ping 192.0.0.5, etc.  The one thing I can't do from the remote host
is ping 192.0.0.1.  I'd like to be able to, for various reasons.  Should I
enable the second ethernet interface, and make PPTP listen on that?
Hints?

Thanks for your help.

Joel