[pptp-server] pptp client - FAQ stuff

Nathan Meyers nmeyers at javalinux.net
Thu Feb 24 12:49:10 CST 2000

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 10:40:36AM -0800, Nicholas M. Kirsch wrote:

> I just heard the mention that CHAP is not bi-directional, contrary to the
> PPP FAQ? Could someone give me some tips on how to disable the
> bi-directional features. I don't like have to have a shared server secret
> on my client.

CHAP relies on keeping the same secret on both sides of the connection;
nobody here can change the protocol (not sure what you mean by
bi-directional or not bi-directional). If you are willing to do without
the Microsoft encryption, you can disable the CHAP authentication for
some other method.

Nathan

> Nicholas Kirsch <nkirsch at insynq.com>
>
> InsynQ Data Utilities
> http://www.insynq.com
> 253.284.2032
>
> GPG fingerprint = A74F D4BC 5EAB 6B69 668F  8E15 FEB7 60E1 4FC8 B683

nmeyers at teleport.COM  Public Access User -- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-28800, N81)