[pptp-server] Tracking the problem down

Michael Barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Tue Feb 29 16:46:10 CST 2000

How do we find which router might be blocking the GRE packets?

I am trying to connect a Windows Workstation to my PoPToP
server.  I know connections work because I can do it from my
home.  However, from a machine at another company doesn't work.

So that means they are probably blocking GRE packets. Or is
there some other explanation?

I can see the machine trying to connect....so I guess that means
on the way here GRE packets are fine.  But then the connection
times out.  We're both on highspeed links so I don't think it is a
problem with network traffic.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Mike

Michael Barsalou